Terms and Conditions
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Richard Lewis Communications Ltd Limited, whose registered office is situated at Riversdown House, Warnford, SO32 3LH, UK.
- Richard Lewis Communications Ltd must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed.
- Richard Lewis Communications Ltd are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Withdrawal by you from the contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the twenty first working day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give Richard Lewis Communications Ltd any reason for withdrawing your order nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- The only circumstance in which you cannot withdraw your order is where you have taken the goods you have ordered (or the ones in relation to which you want to withdraw) out of the sealed package in which they were delivered.
- To withdraw your order you must notify Richard Lewis Communications Ltd in writing at the address set out in the “Returns” section of these conditions.
- If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the Richard Lewis Communications Ltd return address at your own cost and risk, unless the goods were supplied faulty or damaged. If you withdraw your order but Richard Lewis Communications Ltd has already processed the goods for delivery and you have received them, you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to Richard Lewis Communications Ltd at the Richard Lewis Communications Ltd return address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified Richard Lewis Communications Ltd that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited to Richard Lewis Communications Ltd from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
Availability of goods you order
If Richard Lewis Communications Ltd has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by Richard Lewis Communications Ltd from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and Richard Lewis Communications Ltd will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. Richard Lewis Communications Ltd will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Delivery of goods to you
- Richard Lewis Communications Ltd will post the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Richard Lewis Communications Ltd at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee (ie the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of despatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are despatched to you from our distribution centre.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that Richard Lewis Communications Ltd has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. Richard Lewis Communications Ltd recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
If you wish to return the goods you have ordered, you must post them at your own expense to Richard Lewis Communications Ltd Ltd., Riversdown House, Warnford, SO32 3LH.
This is as follows:
- If the goods Richard Lewis Communications Ltd delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall have no liability to you unless you notify Richard Lewis Communications Ltd of the problem, in writing within 10 working days of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall have no liability to you unless you notify Richard Lewis Communications Ltd in writing at the Richard Lewis Communications Ltd contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Richard Lewis Communications Ltd under this condition, Richard Lewis Communications Ltd only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
- Richard Lewis Communications Ltd will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Richard Lewis Communications Ltd under this condition and Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Richard Lewis Communications Ltd liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Richard Lewis Communications Ltd excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Richard Lewis Communications Ltd website prices, delivery details and Richard Lewis Communications Ltd contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Richard Lewis Communications Ltd. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of Richard Lewis Communications Ltd. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Richard Lewis Communications Ltd should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Richard Lewis Communications Ltd. Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Richard Lewis Communications Ltd shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
Richard Lewis Communications Ltd is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Richard Lewis Communications Ltd makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Richard Lewis Communications Ltd howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Richard Lewis Communications Ltd nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.