As your organisation becomes increasingly international, there are more demands on you. It is not easy to get your message across and convince people with the same background – but the challenge is greater when they have different values and beliefs, organise their world in different ways, and communicate and listen differently.
The Lewis Model of Culture (click here for a multimedia demonstration) is the most practical theoretical approach to classifying cultures, and the easiest to apply to your work:
You may need to:
- get your sales team to implement a new strategy (download article, PDF, 208k)
- recruit the right people for the right tasks (see this article for advice)
- convince your US parent company to modify their approach
- speed up project work outsourced to India
- sell your concept to the Japanese
With us you will find out your own Personal Cultural Profile, get an experiential introduction to the model and learn how to apply it to communication, presentation, negotiation, decision-making, leadership, managerial effectiveness and working in/leading teams.
Your increased self-knowledge and improved understanding of other cultural types will lead you to act in ways which will improve your professional results.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with trends in international communication. Subscribe »